My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Thursday, October 5, 2023

Lalin 5 October 2023

 Fifteen miles today to and around Lalín. No steep grades but undulating terrain (lots of up and down) through mostly farmland, some forest and a few small villages. As I get closer to Santiago, there are a lot of daypack pilgrims ( ones who walk with a light daypack and send their big suitcases ahead to the next stop by taxi). In fact, I had a problem finding a place to stay, because the two centrally located pensions and albergue were already reserved and full for the night. I went into booking.com to find a nice hotel about a mile out of town on the highway. Good thing is that it parallels tomorrow's Camino route, so that I'll have a shorter walk tomorrow.

Creek crossing 
American style windmill 
Huge granite quarry 

Not farm equipment even though on the edge of a field of corn cut for silage. The machine is a John Deere lumber harvester used to stage the cut logs for transport to the mill.

1 comment:

  1. I think that the Camino, when you are about to arrive, begins to saturate, especially the paths that converge with the French way, and it creates an emotional conflict in not finding accommodation, the important thing is that the essence of your path has not been lost and you have very clear your objective and start the countdown when you are about to arrive and fulfill your dream.

    ReplyDelete