My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Monday, October 9, 2023

Madrid 9 October 2023

 Well, I was not going to do another post from Spain, but here it is. I arrived midday at the Chamartin train station after my morning ride from Santiago. I am in the process of walking to my accommodation for tonight which is not open yet. I took my time and stopped to see the new Real Madrid  stadium being built and for a menu del dia on the way. As you can see from the restaurant photo, people in Spain are very concerned about the Israel-Hamas conflict. My lentejas (lentil stew) was very good, but I was hoping the albondigas (meat balls) would be served without fries. Tomorrow I will trek to the Metro station for the subway ride to the airport, then home. I can not thank Kathy Boehm enough for taking care of everything at home while I took off

View inside the bar/restaurant - Spanish TV with coverage of Israeli Hamas conflict
Lentil stew
The new Real Madrid stadium under construction 
I was hoping these buildings didn't fall down as I passed by
Marker for the Camino Madrid, which I walked in 2016


for a month to pursue a trip and see again a country in a way that few will ever see it.

2 comments:

  1. Like everything in life, everything comes to an end, I know what your feelings are right now, sadness because the Camino is over and with the insertion that exists after the road but at the same time happy to return home.
    Thank Santiago for allowing you to visit him again and to your feet that carried you all the way, I wish you a happy return and a BUEN CAMINO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog posts are a source of comfort and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete