My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Chantada 3 October 2023

Old cattle watering trough 
Perfectly tended Galician garden with the typical kale
Going down

And back up the other side 
Typical small village church with cemetery 
Once in a while you get a real winner. My primer plato was fabas ( large white beans grown in northern Spain) with clams. The broth was perfect with just the right amounts of olive oil and paprika. I complimented the chef and asked for her recipe, but she just said thank you and laughed.
Filete de ternera with a nice side salad 
Tarta de queso again 
Chantada- typical street view of a medium sized Spanish city. On the way back to the 22 euro pension I'm spending the night in. As I finish this post, I'm listening to Radio Nacional España's Clasica channel on the room's tv, resting up for and planning tomorrow's walk.
 


Eleven miles to Chantada today. The weather turned much cooler and overcast today. As I get farther west into Galicia, everything is greener and damper. The weather in Galicia is more like that in Seattle, while much of the rest of Spain is more like California. There was a steep descent into a river valley followed by a very steep ascent up to Chantada. The view's of the terraced vineyards were beautiful, even though I was sweating and huffing and puffing to get back up the hill.

1 comment:

  1. With the photos you present it can be seen that the road is very rugged, with the ups and downs that kill and the food delicious as always. You are very lucky to be able to be there and because you are doing what you like most.
    BUEN CAMINO

    ReplyDelete