My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Santiago de Compostela 12 October

It was a short 11 or 12 mile walk into Santiago this morning. It was kind of surprising how rural it was until about the last two or so miles. It was drizzling lightly most of the walk, but not enough to be much of an inconvenience, except that all the sweating I was doing inside the rain parka was not escaping. Shortly after arriving, the rain has stopped, at least for a while. I walked past the railroad station and the cathedral to find a room at my old favorite, Hospedaje San Roque. I just finished my midday meal, photos below. Then waited almost an hour at the pilgrim's office for my Compostela. 

That's me in front of the cathedral, light drizzle
My first plate of octopus and potatoes

Second plate of white fish cooked Galician style



1 comment:

  1. Thank you John
    I've followed your walk daily - and with much envy. I walked the camino francais some years ago but disability prevents my trying again sadly; but it has been great to walk vicariously! Thanks again
    Ultreya
    Ian

    ReplyDelete