My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Puebla de Sanabria 2 October

19 miles today, no problems. Despite some bandaged toes, my feet, my legs, and my shoulders are feeling better every day. Only one ibuprofen today. After 6 hours of walking, I arrived in Pueblo de Sanabria about 2 pm and checked into the privately owned albergue here. What a difference from the municipal donativo albergues of the last week or so. Nice and spacious, good kitchen, included wifi, just much nicer and worth it(10 €). I am now composing this as I finish my mid afternoon menú del dia in the restaurant across the street, photos shown below. 

Tomorrow I will start the two day climb over the mountains and into Galicia. These will be a lot of elevation gain, but the distances will be manageable.

It is interesting that on this Camino, I am quite often asked, "¿Alemán? ¿Eres alemán? "(German? Are you German?) my answer is "Si soy alemán, pero yo nací en los Estados Unidos y también vivo alli" (Yes, I am German, but was born in the United States and also live there.). At my mid day day stop in Palacios de Sanabria for a café con leche, I was asked this question yet again. Wow!


This is a very typical view walking into a small village off the gravelled Camino path, with the church as the focal point of the village.


I have been eating well, but I keep pulling the belts of my pack tighter and tighter

The sopa de marisco (seafood soup) of my lunch today. This was different in this region as it also had noodles, more typical of the inland region of Castilla y Léon, where I still am.

Of course, a restaurant with the name, La Trucha ( The Trout), would feature that on the menu.

My favorite of the dessert choices, fresh Spanish melon.


No comments:

Post a Comment