My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Friday, October 3, 2014

Lubian 3 October

What a day! First, I very stupidly missed the yellow arrows and other waymarks out of Sanabria. I ended up walking about four km in the wrong direction, before I flagged down a driver and asked if I was going the right way. Once I knew I was wrong, I flagged down another driver in the opposite direction, who was nice enough to drive me back to Sanabria. An hour lost, but I picked up the correct path and was on my way to Lubian, making good time. Except, when I thought I was about four km out of Lubian, I ran into a detour from the construction of the Galician high speed rail project. This added another 4 or 5 km to the walk and I arrived at 2:45 in Lubian with Joe from Northern Ireland. Couldn't find the albergue, so we rented a room over the local bar/restaurant and both of us were tired and did not feel like more walking. I figured I must have walked a total of 21 or 22 miles. Plus, this is my last day in Castilla y León and it means walking over several mountain passes. Tomorrow will be the highest one on this walk.

All these four photos are walking out of Sanabria and up into the mountains. Lubian is in a little bit of a valley between two ranges, so there will be a steeper climb tomorrow. Still, these few mountains are not nearly as challenging as those on the Caminos Salvador, Norte, and Primitivo.




No comments:

Post a Comment