My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Vilalba 29 September

Originally I planned a short walking day of ten miles to the next albergue as that walk was almost all steep uphill, an elevation gain of about 1600 feet. Starting at 7:30, I arrived at the albergue in Gonton at 11 am, but it was closed and would not open until 1 pm. So I decided to keep walking until the next albergue in Vilala. The rest of the walk was some up and down, but not too bad. Since this is Sunday, most restaurants and all grocery stores are closed. It was a sparsely populated section, anyway, so no place to stop. Even here on the outskirts of Vilalba, nothing is open, so will rely on my cache of grocery store food today and tonight. Total mileage today was 21 miles.


A wooded path on today's walk- many times these are sunken 10 or more feet below the land, sometimes with stone walls, as if they have been used for hundreds of years, which they probably have been.

1 comment: