My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Mondeñado 28 September

I decided to walk a little longer than normal today, about 18 miles. While much of the terrain today was up and down (very little of Spain seems to be flat), tomorrow's walk will be really steep up in comparison, so I have a walk of 10 miles planned for then.

It rained hard last night, but I was lucky and there was not so much as a sprinkle until after I arrived at the albergue today. Of course, it rained after I hung up my clothes, so they are now hanging by my bed. Much of the walk today was through farmed forests of eucalyptus and the moisture made everything smell good. I walked most of the without seeing any other walkers.


Walking through the eucalyptus farms


Man taking his donkey out to graze.

No comments:

Post a Comment