My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Tapia de Casariego 26 September

Todays walk was about 17 or 18 miles, not flat, but mostly not too steep as we are still on the coast line of the Mar Cantabrico, the north coast of Spain. One more day along the coast and the trail turns inland towards Santiago. I figured that I passed the 250 km or 150 mile mark on my walk today.

Todays albergue here in Tapia de Casariego is on a bluff overlooking the sea, very picturesque, but on the outskirts of the town, with a steep walk up to the center. The town itself seems pretty dead, but the tourist season is over, so not unexpected.


The port town of Navia, my morning cafe con leche stop. The RióNavia enters the sea here.


The view from our aslbergue tonight in Tapia de Casariego.

1 comment: