My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Piñera 25 September

Since the albergue in Almuna was only about 9 miles. i decided to walk on to the next albergue in Piñera, but it meant a walk of 20 miles, even though there was a bit more level ground today. The albergue was in an old converted school building and was typical of the government owned ones, adequate, but nothing to compare to some of the privately owned ones.


A lunch snack enroute today in the delightful port town of Luarca. A large mug of beer and a tortilla bocadillo.


Here is a new autovia under construction. They don't fool around, I am impressed.


The converted school house that was our albergue tonight. It smelled like stinky old cheese after one "pilgrim" arrived- I think he was a homeless person looking for free shelter for the night. We had to oppen all the windows to make it tolerable for sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment