My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Siete Iglesias Del Trabancos 10 Octobrer

26 km today or about 16 miles through entirely farm paths except for the intermediate city of Nava Del Rey. 
Choices in the little town here were the truck stop hotel on the autopista or the municipal albergue in the polideportivo. but there is also a mom and pop hostal visible beyond the hotel, so I took a chance. The room was inexpensive and ok but the meal was terrible. I was wishing I had walked back to the hotel's restaurant to try their meal instead.


The plazas in Spanish cities come alive when it cools off and starts to get dark.


My shadow with the sun behind my back tells me that I'm headed west again


I just happened to be on the rail crossing when the high speed AVE (Alta Velocidad España) train appeared and whooshed by 


I'm entering the Duero wine region. Acres of grapes that are drip irrigated, trellised, and machine harvested just like in California.


Siete Iglesias Del Trabancos off in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment