My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Escalona 3 October

Today's walk was relatively easy at 16 miles or 26 km. Some gentle upgrades and downgrades, nothing too hard. I kept seeing the mountains in the distance that I will need to start crossing tomorrow. The albergue here in Escalona was difficult to find, it is in the public school building. After showering, I walked to the Restarante La Casona for what may have been the best meal since starting this Camino- photos below. Tomorrow, the mountains!



Last night in Torrijos. I was in the plaza using the Ayuntamiento's free wifi. In Spain, when it starts cooling down and getting dark, the townspeople come to the public square to meet and talk!


Tomorrow's mountains in the distance.


An antique road roller on the walk 


I stopped at this bar at about the halfway point in Maqueda for a cafe con leche


Some/ of the farm/ equipment here in Spain is just as modern as anything in California 


Mountains getting closer!


A very modern olive orchard set up for mechanical harvesting 


At Restaurante La Casona in Escalona. Ensalada Mixta with lots of tuna, olives and sheep cheese on the side and a bottle of locally produced garnacha wine, Castillo de Escalona.


Segundo Plato of pollo relleno (similar to chicken cordon bleu stuffed with ham and cheese).

No comments:

Post a Comment