My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Monday, October 9, 2017

Medina Del Campo 9 October

After staying in the centrally located Hostal Del Campo in Arévalo last night (and enjoying my mid day meal also at the hostal), I walked out of town at just before 8 am as I had a lot of ground to cover today. It was mostly on farm roads with a few crops I had not seen before on this walk-sugar beets and potatoes. Even with a lot of  distance of 34 km or 20 1/2 miles, the walking was easy with gentle slopes. I arrived in Medina Del Campo just after 2 pm and walked through the main plaza to the church and convent of the Carmelitas, who have an albergue in a part of their facility. The 10 euro donativo is super as all the rooms are private. After my shower, I went back to the Plaza Mayor de la Hispanidad for an excellent midday meal at the Restaurante Gloria. After I post this, I will do a grocery run to one of the local stores to stock back up after the long weekend. It was a great day!



A Santiago sculpture in Arévalo.


One of the bridges out of Arévalo.


Street sculpture in Palacios de Goda 


Typical walk out of a small town, Palacios de Goda 


The red machine is a potato harvester 


Harvested potatoes waiting for transport


A gleaner finding potatoes missed by the harvester. If they grew potatoes at home, this would be me.


Irrigated sugar beets. 


Planting winter wheat. 


Leonard Cohen was walking with me on this long straight stretch. 


My snack stop in San Vicente Del Palacio


My first plate, alubias (white beans) with clams


My second plate, Avery good merluza (hake). I'm glad to have gotten the mini salad instead on French fries.


And, of course, melon for dessert 


Always nice to have a good, sunny area for clothes drying 

No comments:

Post a Comment