My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Palas do Rei


A church and cemetary along the way.

16.2 miles to Palas do Rei. Fairly easy day and maybe I am getting used to this walking thing. Notice that the spelling changed to "do Rei" from "de Rey". The place names here are in Gallego, not Spanish. It was foggy and cool until about 11 am. Which made a good excuse to stop at a pathside bar for a cafè con leche grande about the time the fog was lifting (also had one before starting today's walk). Greg loaned me a pair of gloves that he was not using as my hands have been cold the past few mornings. That item was on my "maybe to bring" list but got crossed off. This time of year it should be on the "definitely bring" list.

After yesterday's disappointment with the wine, I tried again today. I found a very good 6 Euro Albariño, Miudiño, which we enjoyed with our afternoon pan y queso snack.

Unbelievably, the weather forecast for Santiago calls for no rain for the next 5 days, with lows of about 40 and high in the high 60's. Perfect walking weather. With 65 km to Santiago, I hope to arrive there on Sunday to complete this part of my pilgrimage. More details on what's coming up next week, but you have one guess what it will involve!

3 comments:

  1. Gald you will have good weather for the end of your journey! Boston is getting cold with frost expected tonight. Kent and I head to Maine tomorrow for a conference/vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of Kathy's, I've been following your pilgrimage with interest. It's too bad you can't include photos. It's been a great journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a cheater, I just spent 3 1/2 days with Kathy. I know that you are going to arrive at the cathedral in Santiago on Sunday and that Kathy arrives next weekend. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete