My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Trillo 2 October 2019



I knew it would be another long day of walking but I decided to go past Viana de Mondejar and walk to Trillo instead. It was another 7 km for a total of 30 km or 18 miles, but I'm glad I did. Viana was another sleepy village with few services. I walked the entire route and was passed by a car only one time in the 18 miles until I arrived in Trillo. The trail was spectacular with mostly forested trails or steep washed out paths, some of it difficult to traverse. But very refreshing and enjoyable.
I arrived just before 2 pm at Trillo, walked into the ayuntamiento, and told them I was a pilgrim and would like to stay in the town's albergue. The secretary called another city worker who opened it and showed me around. After a shower, I walked back to the restaurant the secretary told me about and had a very relaxing and good menú diario. Turns out that Trillo is at the confluence of the Rios Tajo and Cifuentes. The Tajo is the river that goes on to flow through Toledo in Spain,
then all the way to the Atlantic Ocean as the Tagus River through Lisbon in Portugal.
I am tired and sore after two 18 miles days back to back, but I was going a strong at the finish and I think my walking legs and feet are in good shape. And I've been adjusting my pack straps and think I've found the sweet spot to keep my shoulders from bothering me. Still today was a 5 ibuprofen day, but only the 200 mg variety!

Through the forest

And some steep washed out paths

An old and rusting stationery threshing machine near Viana

Walking out of Viana and viewing the Tetas de Viana. Google it

Just outside Trillo is a nuclear power plant. If we want to get to net zero on carbon emissions, nuclear needs to be part of the mix

Paella with noodles (fideos). This is wheat country, so no rice here

Half a baked chicken. Yummy.

Cascades of the Rio Cifuentes just before it meets the Tajo

The Rio Tajo just outside the albergue

Bull  fighting ring on the left, albergue on the right

No comments:

Post a Comment