My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Quintanarraya 10 October 2019




I am really out in the middle of a very depopulated area again. I walked out of the Duoro valley and through farmland and forested areas today, crossing a few summits, then the in between valleys with small tributaries. It was a kind 32 km or 19 miles. The worst part was that 2/3 of it was on pavement with no alternative. My guidebooks promised a lively bar/social center in the ayuntamiento, but it was closed up tight. I called the number listed for the albergue, but just got a voicemail. I wandered over to the locked albergue and did find someone who had a key after talking to a few people on the street. There is supposed to be a good shop here but I couldn't find one. Luckily, I carried in enough food to last me through my walk tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment