My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Monday, October 7, 2019

Atienza 6 October 2019



High altitude vistas of harvested wheat fields plus some pine and oak forests. Mostly uphill today, steeply up in a few spots. 98 % on graveled paths or farm roads, really deserted since today is Sunday. There were a few day hikers mid route around Santamera. 33 km or 20 miles today; total walking time (with rests) was 6 1/2 hours. I  would not have been able to do a day like today at the beginning of this Camino, now I can, but still a good tired and will rest up the rest of the day. I'm in a decent, basic hostal tonight and the owner directed me to a restaurant for my midday meal.





No comments:

Post a Comment