My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Sobrado dos Monxes 1 October

I thought today's walk would be more difficult, but it really was not so bad because the elevation change was gradual. Today elevation change about 1200 feet and today's distance about 16 miles. I figure two more days to walk into Santiago. We have been unbelievably lucky with the rain. I has been raining late afternoons and evenings after we are in the albergue, with only some light drizzles during the day. Hope that holds out!

The albergue here is quite different as it is housed in a Cistercian monastery dating from the year 952.


A dead fox I saw on the road today. Also saw a dead badger.


The Cistercian monastery in Sobrado dos Moxes


My segundo plato of the afternoon menu del dia, raxos. It is a galician specialty, beef with garlic and ?

1 comment:

  1. Now that looks like a great meal! Steak with garlic and Spanish Fries--who could ask for more--except a glass of nice Spanish red wine.

    ReplyDelete