My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Betanzos 6 October

Since I went off the camino track yesterday to be able to find the pension in Campolongo, it meant 6 km of walking the shoulder of the highway to Minos, never a fun prospect, but since it was Sunday morning, there was very little traffic and next to no truck traffic, so it was not too bad. After I arrived in Minos, I found a cafe for cafe con leche and tortilla, then got directions to orient myself back on the camino track. With all the recent rain and the closeness to the water, it was at quite foggy at 11 am, but, no problem, at least it was not raining. My beach photos are not too clear, though.

The rest of the day's walk was in the hills on the way to Betanzos: little farming villages with mostly eucalyptus and now I am seeing more grapes in small vineyards. I also passed up the Spanish pilgrim that I met yesterday. Then a short time later, I ran across an American pilgrim from Baltimore. We stopped in at another bar for a cafe con leche (his fortified with arujo) and chatted a bit before we both walked on. I arrived in Betanzos (a very steep city that would put San Francisco to shame), found the albergue, took care of shower and clothes, then down to the town square for a menu del dia of tortilla (the best yet, fresh and moist), followed by calamares with patatas fritas and a torta chocolate. After I went back to the albergue, the other two pilgrims had arrived, with a report that we might expect two peregrinas from New Zealand later.



The foggy beach at Minos.


The little farming villages with the small vineyards.


The steep streets of Betanzos.

No comments:

Post a Comment