My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Córdoba10 October

Today was mostly a travel day and what a change of scenery! From cool and moist Galicia in northwestern Spain to warm and dry Andalusia. I took the regular train from Santiago to Madrid arriving mid afternoon, then the superfast AVE train (speeds up to 180 mph) to Cordoba. I had a tight connection in Madrid, complicated by the arrival in the first train in Chamartin station and the AVE train leaving from Atocha station. I was able to get a free transfer between stations on the cercania (local) train and luckily had about 20 minutes to spare.

I arrived at 6 pm in Cordoba and then walked down to the old town district. It was not possible to find a room in a pension or hostal, but I did get a bed in an albergue type hostal that has wifi and a lot of space. I spent a bit of time walking around the old quarter scoping out the sights to see for tomorrow, so that I will be prepared to be a tourist.


Lots of pilgrims headed back to Madrid on the morning train.


A view of the Mezquita from the Roman Bridge (Puente Romano). I will go inside the Mezquita tomorrow. It is the cathedral here that was converted from a mosque.


Night scene in Cordoba about 8:30 pm. Like most all Spanish cities, young and old alike are out after dark enjoying it.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm there is another Perigrina currently in Cordoba too! So if you see someone with purple streaked...yes purple, say hello to Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete