My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Portomarin 2






Acouple of photos of the botafumeiro at the Sunday Mass at the Santiago cathedral.


We stopped briefly in O Cebreiro. Galicia puts up markers every half Kilometer along the camino, with a countdown of the number of KM to Santiago.


We had a picnic lunch here at Cruz de Ferro. It sure looked different in daylight than the the first time I was here in the dark, early morning fog.


This one is for Kent-lots of jamons here.

Wow, it sure is nice to have a bathroom in the room- first time since I have been in Spain. Also we had a very good tapas dinner last night ( ensalada mixta, croquetas, jamon asada, and tortilla, unfortunately they were out of pimientos de Padrón). So far today, we had a liesurely breakfast, then watched preparations being made for a marathon race around the cathedral and old part of town. Right now, Kathy and I are sitting in the cathedral waiting for the mass to start. We got here early in order to get good seats. Fifteen minutes till it starts and already standing room only. Kathy was fascinated by the organ- we were sitting right underneath the pipes.

Later: We are on the road, backtracing the Camino. In Arzua right now at a free wifi that I remembered. Still lots of pilgrims and the weather is nice and sunny again. Not sure where we will stay yet tonight, maybe Palas de Rei or Portomarin.

Later yet: This is guest blogger Kathy. I really enjoyed our drive through Galicia today. The fields are so green, a nice contrast to California brown. We ended up staying tonight in Portomarin, a small pilgrim town. We just checked out the small village church, a huge contrast to all the gold and gilt of the Santiago cathedral. We are off to have dinner, I am hoping for caldo gallego, a soup `popular in this area. More tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment