My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Nájera


Najera.

An eighteen mile day today to Najera. Initially I thought I might stop at Ventosa which would be 6 miles less walking. But it was only noon when I got there and I felt pretty good. By 2 pm, I arrived in Najera. The old town section is pretty small. I decided not to stay at the 90 bed municipal albergue and found a 10 bed private one. The owner also has a restaurant with pilgrim menu.

I hope my body is starting to get used to this amount of walking most everyday. My knee did not bother me today and is just a little tender yet. For the medicas out there, I only took one regular ibuprofen and it was plenty.

I shared our evening menu del diá with a Canadian couple from Alberta, Dan and Donna, French man named Marcel, and Shawn the Australian. Dan is just turning 60, too. They were interested in how walnuts were grown and, of course, with Arnold. What's the big deal with a third rate governor?

Tomorrow's walk will be 13 miles, but a steep climb to Santo Domingo de la Calzada, where they keep a hen and a rooster in the church at all times - more details next time. Today completes the first week of walking and the first 100 miles. I feel that I am on the schedule that I wanted to be.

1 comment:

  1. Wow 100 miles, I am impressed! You are 1/5 of the way to the finish line.

    When are you going to post some pictures?

    Kent

    ReplyDelete