My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Larrasoaña

Only 800 km to Santiago!
One of the villages on the way.


I walked 17 miles today, mostly on wooded gravel paths. Lots of uphill and downhill, but nothing too bad. Still I am tired after about 7 hours of walking. Lots of pilgrims, this albergue will be full today, too.

The pilgrim menu at the local restaurant last night in Roncesvalles was a fixed menu with red wine, pasta, baked trout, french fries, and yogurt for dessert. Ten to twelve people to each table with lots of conversation (not from me though, I mostly listened and tried to understand).

No comments:

Post a Comment