My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Tabara 29 September

I took it a bit easier today at 15 miles to Tabara. I walked from one valley to another with a bit of mountainous area in between. I also crossed the Rio Esla and the beautiful bridge over it. I am now off the Via de la Plata and instead am walking the Camino Sanabres, which will take me mostly west through Orense. There is a lot of construction activity with a new freeway and a new high speed rail line to Galicia being built. This sometimes makes for long and/or difficult detours around or through these projects.
Yesterday, The freeway construction project that I had to find my own way across.

More country tracks today, good weather, no rain and relatively cool

The brief mountainous area

The bridge over the Rio Esla


No comments:

Post a Comment