My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Carcaboso 20 September

The walk today was long  at 19 miles. My legs and shoulders are sore, still not in shape yet, but will get there in a few days. The first part of the walk was on a track through a hunting preserve area, no no traffic to contend with. After about 6 miles, I had my morning coffee in Rio Lobos, then the rest of the way was on lightly used paved roads through farming and grazing country to arrive mid afternoon in the little town of Carcaboso. It's Saturday, with a fiesta going on here, lots of beer tents set up and loud music. Hopefully, the music won't last too late tonight.
Through the hunting preserve

Tabacco in Spain?

Part of the fiesta
Pilgrim dinner; Jack from Northern Ireland, Ton and Martin from Holland, Kristina from  Germany, Georgio  from Italy, and me from USA

No comments:

Post a Comment