My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Travel plans went blooey on us

We got into Washington Dulles half an hour early and things were right on track. Then we went past the boarding time of our Aer Lingus flight to Madrid and they finally announced the plane was broken down and they had to wait for a part to be flown in from Philadelphia. We finally got off the ground and 9 pm, 3.5 hours late. We made good time on the flight, but our connecting flight to Porto was 3.5 hours after our original scheduled arrival, so by the time we got through customs and baggage, it was 10 minutes later that our Porto flight. Rebooking by air would have been ridiculously expensive, so we decided to take the overnight bus from Madrid to Porto. That will keep us on track timewise, but we will be pretty tired and not much sightseeing time in Porto. However, we did go to the Prado museum in Madrid this afternoon. Right now, we´ll take it easy till our bus ride west later tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the problems. But it wouldn't be an adventure if everything went smoothly. I'll be following you on a day to day basis. I am so jealous of your trip. My longest walk this summer was 6 miles, when I got a flat on my bike, but it was 95 degrees, o that she count for more! Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete