My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pontevedra Sept 15

Some nice views of the sea between Redondela and Pontevedra

Waiting for the albergue to open


12:30 pm: I do not understand why there is such a mad rush to get up and walking. People were shuffling about shortly after 6 am. Marge and I waited till 6:45 and by the time I left to walk about 7:15, there were only a few of us left. Oh was not fully daylight until 8:30. The camino is not as well marked here in Spain, so one must search for the few yellow arrows with a flashlight. With today's 12 mile walk it was easy enough to arrive at the albergue well before the opening hour of 1 pm. I walked in about 11:30 to see Marge sitting on the sidewalk outside the locked gates. Her cab ride was uneventful and she has been able to rest her feet and legs so far. Her knee is very stiff and painful. As we sit here and wait , I am writing this and yesterday's blog posts.

3:30 pm: They opened the albergue a bit early so we signed in, found our assigned bunks, and I took a shower, washed clothes, and ate a snack. We were hoping that with the minimal amount of walking, that Marge's knees would be better. Not the case and now Marge could barely hobble around. We took a taxi to the emergency room of the hospital in Pontevedra. As I write this, they have examined Marge's knee. She is on an IV drip, they are doing blood tests and x rays.

8:15 pm
Marge will be fine. Just no more long distance walking for a few days. I went back to the albergue, needed to get groceries for tomorrow and so on. The ER was really busy and they still want to do an echo Doppler. She will take the taxi back when done. I am not sure what this will do to our plans. We need to evaluate that tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the guys that watch the desk at that alburge still have some of their home grown firewater!!! It was excellent! And will have you in my prayers, Buen Camino

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like every one is in a rush to beat the heat or the traffic or the crowds. Doesn't make too much sense if the Albergue doesn't open until later. Hope Marge's knee problem works out okay. This walk certainly is full of surprises and interesting things happening! Take care, both of you.

    ReplyDelete