My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Alcazaren 24 September

Today's walk of 30 km (18 miles) was through both pine forests and fertile, often irrigated, farmland along the Rio Eresma. I stopped in at a local bar for my morning coffee in Villeguillo about 7 km into my walk and was surprised to see two other pilgrims already there. They were two women, one from Australia, the other from Denmark. It looks like we will have a relatively crowded albergue tonight with the man from Korea also being there. I know many people would find the terrain on this part of the walk boring, but I saw many crops here: wheat, sunflowers, potatoes, sweet corn, sugar beets, carrots, and onions. The ground here is not as rocky and the availability of irrigation water and the sandy soil means a wider variety of crops being grown. The worst problems were walking through that sandy soil in the pine forests and the darned flies once it got warm. But no complaints and I will continue on to the intersection with the Camino Frances a few days from now, then figure out where I want to go next.






No comments:

Post a Comment