My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sigüeiro 8 October

Well, the restaurant did deliver last night to the out in the middle of nowhere albergue, so I had grilled salmon and ensalada rusa. Not the greatest, but I was hungry and it was better than the meager supply of groceries that I carried in. There was a group of 6 Spanish pilgrims, plus one more solo, for a total of eight of us last night. They all left by 7 am, I don't know why they want to leave so early as it is still dark until almost 8:30 here. I passed up the group of six in the first bar 7 km down the walk, where I also stopped for a cafe con leche. Then passed the other about an hour later. Today's walk was fairly easy, 24 km or about 15 miles, with no really steep grades.

I was not sure what to expect here in Sigüeiro, whether it would be another village out in nowhere or what. It turns out it is a good sized suburb of Santiago, with many restaurants, food stores, and the hostal that I am staying at tonight. I will sleep in tomorrow as it is only a 10 mile walk into Santiago.


Shortly after I started, I came across this artist/sculptor's creations. This one is two tractors welded to a framework. He also had other farm art plus whimsical rock carvings, including a 25 foot tall Santiago Peregrino. Sorry about the photo quality as it was still kind of dark.

2 comments:

  1. Love the tractor art! Where they John Deere or Internationals? Or perhaps Kubota?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One was a Ferguson from the early 1950's. I don't know about the other one, it may have been a European make that I am not familiar with. It was just too dark to see.

    ReplyDelete