My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hospital de Bruma 7 October

Todays walk was 28 km or 17 miles. I originally thought to split it into two days walk as there was supposed to be a pension in the middle. I never saw it, so just kept walking. At the 18 km mark, was the Cafe/Bar Casa Julia where I stopped for a needed ham and chesse bocadillo and a large beer. This was the first place to eat since Betanzos. We are now away from the sea and heading higher inland. There was a steep 10% climb today, 350 meters continuous gain in a little over 3 km.

Tonight's albergue is in a little village also out in farmland with nothing else around. I did order a menu del dia, which will be delivered around 8 pm, but I'm hungry now at 5:30. Seven other pilgrims, all from last night showed up so far, but they all took off for a while, maybe to walk to the village that is two km away to visit the bar. Also, no unsecured wifi here, so will be posting this at least a day late.

From here it is 40 km to Santiago-I plan to walk 24 km tomorrow, then 16 km the next day.


Here is the Casa Julia, my lunch stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment