My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Santiago de Compostela 3 October

The weather forecast was 80% chance of rain today. Rain it did on the 19 km (12 mile) walk into Santiago, plus howling winds. It was the first time on this Camino that I have had to walk through so much rain, but it was doable. I rewarded myself with a stay in a pension (Hospadaje San Roque) instead of an albergue, so I will be able to enjoy some privacy for once. I also went to the noon pilgrim's mass, the highlights of which are the nun singling in her clear soprano and the swinging of the botafumeiro.

The plan for tomorrow is to take the bus to Ferrol, north of here, then to start Saturday on a different camino, the Camino Ingles, a five day walk back to Santiago.

No comments:

Post a Comment