My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Zamora 4 October

I walked into the outskirts of Zamora about 10:30, 16 km or 10 miles. I took pictures of the only  two cylinder John Deere that I have ever seen in Spain, a 1950 Model B mounted outside the local Deere dealer. I saw this tractor a few years ago, but was on a bus and could not get a photo at that time. I had a few hours before the albergue opened, so I visited the cathedral and a few other churches. There is a very high concentration of churches here in the old part of the city, probably 12 or 15 within a few blocks. The cathedral was good, but maybe not as impressive as many others in Spain.

Today ended my walking days for this trip.  I celebrated by buying a bottle of my all time favorite red wine, Vina Pomal (100%) Tempranillo. I had a few sips and it is still as good as I remember.  Plus it is one third the price here in Spain compared to the US. 

I will spend the rest of the afternoon sightseeing in Zamora. Tomorrow I take the bus to Salamanca for a night there. Thursday, I take another bus to Porto to meet up with Kathy on Friday for the Portugal part of this trip.




Zamora's fortress walls


Walking to the cathedral 


The cathedral


View of the Rio Duero from the old city's walls


No comments:

Post a Comment