My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Salamanca 5 October

Yes, I am now a tourist. Even though I walk around some with my pack, mostly to and from the bus stations, the trekking poles are folded up and put away. I left the albergue in Zamora this morning and walked to the bus station, arriving an hour later in Salamanca, where I have stayed several times before. This time I found a pension just off the Plaza Mayor. Instead of seeing the inside of the cathedral again, I found an interesting Art Deco museum, just behind the cathedral. Greg Hodgkins, you would have loved it. The Lis family built this place as their personal home almost a hundred years ago and were avid collectors of Art Deco items from that period of the 20th century. I especially enjoyed the porcelain figurines and the brass sculptures. I could not take photos in the museum so it is hard to convey the beauty of this collection.











No comments:

Post a Comment