My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

On on my fourth Camino soon

I will be leaving on September 13 for another Camino, my fourth one, in Spain. This time I plan to walk at least 400 miles and on a different route than previously. I plan to start from the northern meseta city of Leon and walk the mountainous Camino del Salvador to the Oviedo. From there, I will continue on the portion of the Camino del Norte that I have not previously walked. This will be along the northern Spanish coast until it turns inland and back over the mountains to Santiago de Compostela.

I have been preparing by doing a lot of walking around Woodland on the levees of Cache Creek, Yolo Bypass, Ridge Cut Slough, and Sacramento River. To get some mountain practice, I have also been going on walks in the Cache Creek Wilderness in the Coastal Range upstream from Rumsey Canyon. This has included a few times on the Blue Ridge Trail from Cache Creek low water bridge to Fiske Peak, a strenuous 2200 elevation gain in four miles, followed by a reverse descent. Mostly I walk along, but have had some walking partners, including Matt Boehm, Ed Morris, and Marlene Hanson, who is now on her own camino in Spain

I will try to post daily on my walk, but may miss a day here and there when I can not find internet access. For those who already follow my blog, you should continue to receive an email each time I post. For those who are not yet following my blog, it is easy to do so. Just enter your email at the "Follow by Email" link on the main page of this blog. If you want to comment on any of my posts, please feel free to do so.


One of my favorite local hiking spots, a springtime shot of the Fremont Weir State Wildlife Area along the Sacramento River south of Knights Landing


A view of Rumsey Canyon and the Capay Valley from fiske Peak on the Blue Ridge Trail in Cache Creek Wilderness

Thanks for watching and I look forward to sharing my walking experiences with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment