My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Monday, September 30, 2019

Villaconejos de Trabaque 30 September 2019



A lot of level and downhill made today's walk of 22 km or 13.5 miles fairly easy. I was still carrying too much food, water, and wine weight since loading up in Cuenca as I knew these next stretches would not have many available options. No cafe con leche until a village about two thirds of the way through today's walk, but that was okay as it was a good place to take a rest. I did arrive around one pm at the albergue next to the ermita (small chapel) on the edge of Villaconejos. I was going to call the hospitalero, but there was a man my age behind the albergue working in his bodega (wine cave). He offered to take me into town to meet Pepe the hospitalero, so I took him up on that offer. Turned out that the little tienda he took me to, that Pepe had gone into Cuenca for the day. So they called his brother Paul who met me there and took me back to the albergue, opened it, and showed me around. He also let me know that I was invited to a dinner at 8:30 tonight next door at which he, Pepe, and several other people who be present. The guidebook says that this is one of the most welcoming albergues on this route and so far it seems to be. I will keep you posted!


Only steep ascent of the day



The albergue

No comments:

Post a Comment